So, you are running a production unit or business that requires a lot of water day in and out. It’s literally impossible to use water obtained from natural resources such as rainwater tanks, streams, or bores. We know that they contain microbes, posing a risk to your workers’ health. In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic today, health experts recommend that the naturally sourced water must be treated before it is used for production lines, pharma industries, industrial kitchens, or drinking. Although there are several water treatment systems in use, UV disinfection for water is one method that can remove most forms of microbes, including coronaviruses.
What is UV Light Disinfection System?
In UV disinfection for water, ultraviolet light of wavelengths 200 to 280 nm will be used for steer-clearing bacteria, viruses, and other microbes that may present in the water. The UV disinfection system is a technology that destroys the DNA of microbes, leaving them dead. Thus, these UV exposed microbes will not be able to grow or multiply further after the treatment. As such, UV disinfection can be used for disinfecting:
- Drinking water
- Process water
Apart from these, this technology can also be used for TOC removal and Ozone destruction.
How do UV Light Disinfection Systems work?
As mentioned above, in the UV disinfection for water, ultraviolet light acts by penetrating microbes and destroying their DNA. As we know, DNA has a significant role to play in the functions and reproduction of the organisms. Therefore, destroying the DNA will prevent them from being active and reproducing. According to various studies, no microbes or their spores can live upon exposure to the appropriate dose of UV light.
Applications of UV Disinfection System
For those who don’t know much UV disinfection lamp, understand that it’s not just a lamp inside a pipe. A UV disinfection system like PXL Sanitizer is designed to make sure that all the microorganisms get enough exposure to the UV dose. Moreover, depending upon the hydraulic characteristics of water, these devices are optimized so as to get the maximum residence time and enhance turbulence. A well-designed UV disinfection system like PXL Sanitizer can produce consistently exceptional results in the following industries:
- Food and Beverage: A UV Sanitizer can help achieve high-quality water as per the standards set by the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Bio-Pharmaceuticals: UV disinfection for water can help pharmaceuticals, as well as healthcare sectors, get water free of chemicals, ozone, and microbes.
- Cosmetics: Cosmetic industries can use these systems to ensure the water is free from microbes and toxins, which in turn will increase the shelf-life of cosmetics.
- Centralized Drinking Water: Any industry can use a UV disinfection system as an easy and affordable pure drinking water solution.
- Wastewater Disinfection: A UV Sanitizer can be used to treat water at its tertiary stage. The water treated this way can be used for secondary purposes like gardening.
- Swimming Pools: UV is a safer and cost-effective way to sanitize swimming pools when compared with the traditional chlorine treatment. This is especially recommended in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic today to ensure safety among the pool lovers.
UV disinfection systems are more than essential today in several industries. If you are looking for an easy-to-use, compact UV disinfection for water, contact us here.