When UVC-based portable and compact sanitizers have their applications, UV disinfection chambers in the form of cabinets have gained attention from commercial industries like food processing units, catering, packaging plants, hospitals, ATMs, banks, bus stands, jewelry shops, clinics, offices, factories, aircraft, and so forth. It is believed that a UVC disinfection chamber can provide 100% disinfection at industry levels and stages.
UVC Technology amidst COVID-19
From the advent of COVID-19, many industries have already equipped their premises with advanced UV light chambers or sanitizers to contain the spread of the pandemic. Some facilities where UVC technology has been put to use include hospitals, restaurants, ambulances, and other public premises.
It is also apparent that China has started using UVC technology to disinfect their public places. Herein, buses are being UV-treated overnight inside UV tunnel-like giant chambers. This proves the ability of UVC to destroy microbes like SARS and COVID-19.
Beyond the purpose of destroying harmful microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, and spores, there are innumerable advantages in using a UV chamber over other disinfection methods like chemical disinfection or thermal disinfection:
- Disinfection takes place in seconds or minutes
- 360-degree disinfection
- Reduced risk of contamination
- Bulk sanitizing
- Large or giant surface disinfection
- Easy to use
- One-time investment
- Lifelong benefits
- Non-corrosive material equipment
- No exclusive training is needed
- Dry disinfection method
- Domestic power source suffices
When things like packages or containers are exposed to a high-frequency UV light like UVC, it targets the DNA (the genetic material) of the exposed microorganism and inhibits the reproduction or replication process, thus inactivating and ultimately stopping the spread of these microorganisms.
- Fitness centers: Equipment in fitness centers are handled by many people and may serve as a source of surface contamination. Hence, UVC is used to sterilize this equipment and handles.
- TV Remotes: Home appliances like game consoles and TV are being used primarily by kids, and it is extremely crucial to disinfect these surfaces with UVC technology.
- Hotels and Restaurants: As hundreds of people visit a hotel or a restaurant, any surface for that matter in these premises will definitely house millions of microbial colonies. When these surfaces and utensils are UV-treated, people can confidently enter and leave contamination-free.
Besides these applications, hospitals, clinics, and banks can use the potential of UVC to cleanse the surfaces and maintain a contamination-free facility.
Though different UV chambers like UVA, UVB, and UVC are marketed globally, the UVC category plays a vital role in killing the infection-causing microorganisms.
Advanced and industry-grade UVC technology-based UV Chambers or UV cabinets from industry specialists like iZAK Scientific provide a fast and effective disinfection solution at various levels of manufacturing or service sectors.
Save your resources, factory assets, and other surfaces from microbial contamination using advanced UV chambers. Start creating a safer environment for your employees and market quality contamination-free products and services to your customers!